Taking a page from Erin over at The Silver Lining's book, I'm going to write about what I'm thankful for this week.
Today, I am most thankful for my husband and my family. I am awfully needy sometimes, like today when I discovered that I will have reached my max for federal Stafford Loans. So, I'm in need of some other way to pay for school. Enter the AmeriCorps. I will be thankful for them if I get the job. It won't pay much more than minimum wage, but it will give me health insurance and $5,500 for school and part of that will be matched by ISU, so I could be transferring back there.
But anyway... thankful. For my husband. He takes me phone calls, often when I'm in tears and uses his 30 minute break to drive 10 minutes home to see me for 10 minutes and then drive back to work for 10 minutes. He hugs me and encourages me and tells me that I can make it and meet my goals. He is a fantastic supporter and I love him to pieces.
Along that same line, I am thankful for my parents, my brother and sister, and my grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins. I am lucky to know each of them well and know I could call on any of them in time of need and they would be there to support me.
However, I am also thankful that I am the way I am and all the progress I've made. A year ago, a set back like this would have stopped me from being able to continue on, but now I have the tenacity to continue on. No matter what.
What a great post. Good for you! Hubby is a keeper too.
ReplyDeleteEveryone should be doing this. While I admit I already have my tree up, I hate it that Thanksgiving sometimes gets lost in the shuffle of Halloween and Christmas like its not important. We all have a LOT to be thankful for.
ReplyDelete